Getting Ready to come and play in the trees?
We work extremely hard to deliver fun and excitement to all our guests making sure that all our activities are the perfect match for you. All of our attractions require your personal physical interaction. The level of preparation is minimal, but Extremely Important, Safety Always comes First.
To assist us in providing you with a unique experience, please take a minute to learn about our safety guidelines and requirements for age, height, weight and clothing that apply to our Courses.
View and print our waiver form (print)
Please note that Guests under the age of 18 must also have their waiver forms signed by their parent or legal guardian.
Our Facility offers many aerial adventure activities divided into color-coded courses for kids, youth and adults taking between 2-3+ hours to complete.
We teach You...You Show Us...
Once you have reviewed and meet Flagstaff Extreme Adventure Course guidelines and you have completed your waiver form and paid for your access to Flagstaff Extreme, you’ll be scheduled into a brief group training session.
During this 30 minute training, you’ll be fitted into your harness and your guide will show you how to attach yourself to safety lines and zip lines. This training gives you the knowledge and guidelines to self-manage the equipment designed for your own personal safety as you travel from tree to tree. You must demonstrate the ability to use the equipment properly before you can continue from the demonstration area. Once your guide deems that you can safely use your equipment, you'll be able to continue onto a course.
Flagstaff Extreme's ground patrol and guiding staff observes and guides you in the proper use of equipment from the trails below the courses. These guides can also let you know where the course exit points are located at any time, if you want to get your feet back on the ground.
Our Course was designed and built for use under specific guidelines.
Guidelines & Requirements
Please read the height and age requirements carefully for each course and be aware that in order to access any one course, all the minimum requirements must be met. Safety is critical.
In order for guests to be able to reach the safety lines and manage their way through the course they must meet certain minimum height requirements:
- In order to use the Yellow Course, each child is required to be able to reach the tips of their fingers to a height of 4'7" (140 cm) while keeping their feet flat on the ground.
- In order to use the Adult Course, guests are required to be able to reach the tips of their fingers to a height of 5'11" (180 cm) while keeping their feet flat on the ground.
- In order to use the Yellow Course, children must be between the age of 7 and 11. Children must always be directly supervised by an adult. The Yellow course is not intended for use by adults. Adults may be injured by falling on the cables that are adjusted for smaller sized people.
- In order to use the Adult Course, guests must be 12 years of age or older. Those 15 and under must be directly accompanied by an adult or guide at a ratio of 3:1.
- For those 16 and 17, you may go on the course without a parent/guardian, but a parent/guardian must be present and sign the waiver.
Please Prepare Yourself:
Note: Guests not wearing the appropriate clothing may be refused access to activities to ensure that safety guidelines are met.
- Long hair MUST be tied back so as not to be caught in a pulley. Ask a staff person for a hair band if you require one.
- Eyeglass holders (croakies and the like) are recommended.
- Clothing should be generally comfortable, not loose. Males should wear pants or longer shorts. Most Females wear athletic tights, yoga pants, longer shorts or pants.
- GLOVES, we recommend them. Not mittens or ski gloves, but fingerless gloves, canvas gloves, etc. We will also have them for sale. (They are currently $4 a pair)
- No open-toed shoes (sport sandals, with covered toes will work, but are not as good as shoes). Sturdy sport sandals/shoes/boots are required and to be worn securely. No Flipflops.
- We strongly recommend no jewelry (especially necklaces or loose bracelets which could get caught in equipment).
- Clothing should be appropriate for the weather and must be worn tight to the body to avoid catching on apparatus.
- During Winter we recommend multiple layers of clothing, boots, hat, and full fingered but tight fitting gloves.
- We recommend bringing some water, but it must be clipped to your harness, if you don't have a bottle with a carabiner we have them for sale, at a reasonable price.
- Trees make sap. Sap stains clothes. Dress appropriately. Flagstaff Extreme Adventure Course is not responsible for damaged clothing.
- There is absolutely no smoking allowed on the Course or in the area around the Course.
For Your Safety and Our Peace of Mind!
- Courses must always be done in rising order of difficulty.
- You must remain attached to a cable at all times!
- You must observe all rules and safety instructions at all times.
- You will be trained in the use of Flagstaff Extreme Adventure Course’s equipment and must demonstrate the ability to use the equipment before progressing beyond the training area.
- Our patrollers are empowered to immediately, without warning, exclude a participant from the course, without a refund, for safety infractions.
- Notify a patroller immediately if you observe any unnecessary risk to anyone on the course.